Associate in ITSM based on ISO/IEC 20000
The EXIN certificate Associate offers practical knowledge in the field of implementing, improving and guaranteeing the quality of IT Service Management processes. It also deals with coordinating professionals, defining the sphere of activity and reporting on the performance and effectiveness of IT service management based on ISO/IEC 20000:2011.
The IT Service Management Associate is strongly focused on the plan, do, check and act activities of Deming’s cycle across the SMS and within the Service delivery processes, Resolution Processes, Relationship Processes and Control Processes.
The Associate level is in line with the book “Implementing Service Quality based on ISO/IEC 20000”: A Management Guide written by Michael Kunas.
ITSM Associate is intended for those personnel who are involved in a practical way in:
- Planning, implementing and managing a service management system (SMS)
- Planning, implementing and managing service management processes
- Monitoring and reporting on the performance and effectiveness of Service Management
The certificate EXIN ITSM Associate is part of the ISO/IEC 20000 Qualification Program– a series of interlinked exams which are based on the various roles in IT Service Management.
Once the Associate is achieved, there are two options: the IT Service Management Consultant Manager or the IT Service Management Auditor.
- Certificate Foundation in ITSM based on ISO/IEC 20000 or similar certificate.
- The ITSM20AS training course with an EXIN accredited training provider (ATP), including having successfully fulfilled the three (3) practical assignments as part of the course.
The topics of the Associate course are:
- Support the planning activities around the formal implementation of a service management system (SMS) and the service management processes
- Monitor, measure and report on the SMS, service management processes and service performance
- Support the design and transition activities of services
- Manage on-going activities surrounding the SMS, service management processes and service delivery
- Design and implement policies and activities that guide the organizational activities supporting service delivery
- Number of questions: 60
- Pass mark: 65% (39 out of 60)
- Open book exam: no
- Use of electronic devices permitted during the exam: no