This privacy statement explains how EXIN handles the personal data that we collect for the performance of our services. EXIN respects your privacy and is committed to protecting and handling your personal data with the greatest care.
Who are we?
EXIN is a global company with offices in various countries that conducts exams all over the world. We offer independent certification and accreditation, and conduct assessments for individuals in order to assess their competencies.
In principle, EXIN Holding B.V., established in Utrecht, the Netherlands, is as data controller responsible for the processing of all your personal data. read more > This applies when you subscribe to one of EXIN’s examinations or ProfessionalProfessional Assessments, or when you are personally accredited by us. It also applies when you subscribe to an examination through one of our partners (such as an accredited examination centre) or cooperate or have contact with a local EXIN office. EXIN Holding B.V. is also the data controller if you take a Professional Assessment through your employer or any other intermediary organization. However, if you participate in an Online E-Competence Assessment through a third party, such as your employer, an HR advisor, an intermediary organization or any other agent (“Assessment Organization”), then this party will be primarily as data controller responsible for the processing of your data. read more > In that case, EXIN will process your data only on the instructions of the Assessment Organization. This means that the Assessment Organization will determine for which purposes your data are processed, who has access and how long they will be retained. The Assessment Organization is the first contact point for matters related to the processing of your data, and for more information on the processing of your data you can contact your Assessment Organization. EXIN is as data controller responsible for the processing of data related to your Online E-Competence Assessment only in the following cases:
- if EXIN uses these data for statistical analysis. Read more about this topic under “Statistical Analysis”).
Which data does EXIN collect?
EXIN collects and processes the following personal data:
- for all of our services: your contact information; read more >
In order to make use of our services or to be accredited by us, you must be registred with us. We will ask you to provide personal data, including your name, job title, home address, e-mail address and other contact information. The information we ask you to provide depends on the service. The provision of specific data can be mandatory or optional. This will be shown when the information is requested. If your employer or Assessment Organization creates an account on your behalf, we will also register the name of that employer or Assessment Organization. The same applies if you subscribe to an examination through one of our partners, such as an accredited examination centre.
You will receive a temporary password, which enables you to log on to your Candidate Portal or to our secure online platform. You will have to change this password after you log on for the first time. Your password is captured encrypted only and is not legible by us.
- examinations: the examination to which you subscribe, payment information, attendance during the examination, examination results and certificates obtained by you, and any fraud that may have been detected; read more >
If you subscribe to an examination, we will register the type, time and location of that examination, payment information (costs of the examination, payment method, whether payment is made by you or by a third party like your employer), your attendance during the examination, your examination work, the evaluation of the examination, the result of the examination, the related certificate and other information provided by you to us in the context of the examination. We also register any fraud detected ad other infringements of the examination rules that are relevant for certification.
- Professional Assessment: information provided by you to us and the results of the Professional Assessment; read more >
If you subscribe to a Professional Assessment, we will collect and process information about your previous education, diplomas, work experience, professional documents and other data that you share with us in the context of the examination through our online platform. Furthermore, we will verify your identity using your ID. If you send us a copy of your proof of identity, we will delete it after the verification has been performed. Moreover, we will process the results of the Professional Assessment, for example in the form of soft skills assessment reports, expert reports, an overview of your competencies and your competence levels.
- Online E-Competence Assessment: information provided by you online and the results of the Online E-competence Assessment; read more >
Online E-competence Assessment
If you are taking an Online E-competence Assessment, we will register the type of assessment you take, your answers to the questions, the time the answers were given and the assessment result. In principle, we will only collect and process data following the instructions of your Assessment Organization. Read more about this topic under “Who are we?”.
- Personal accreditation: information relating to your accreditation. read more >
If you are accredited by EXIN as a supervisor or order person, we will collect and process your contact information. Read about this timore > link to “Contact Information”). If you are a trainer, we will also collect and process information on previous education, certificates, work experience as indicated in you curriculum vitaes, et cetera. Furthermore, if you are a trainer or supervisor, we will verify your identity on the basis of your ID. If you send us a copy of your proof of identity, we will delete it after the verification has been performed.
For which purposes will your data be processed?
EXIN collects and uses your personal data:
- to activate and manage your user account or login to our portals and online platforms, and to enable you to use related functionalities; read more >
“Candidate Portal” or “MyLogin”
Your user data will allow you to log on safely to your online examination account, the Candidate Portal. Once you are logged in, you can easily change your contact information. Through your account you can also review your examination results or download certificates. It also allows you to add documents to your account, such as evidence or certificates of training programmes attended elsewhere. And finally, you can subscribe and unsubscribe to our newsletter through your account.
- to supply examination services to you; read more >
If you take an examination with us, we will use your data to:
- administer and assess examinations;
- issue personal examination results and certificates;
- save your examination results to our examination database and manage that database;
- meet all requirements applicable to administering and assessing examinations;
- establish if any fraudulent acts have been committed during the examination;
- take measures if fraud or other infringements of the rules and regulations for examinations were detected; measures taken either to prevent further fraud or infringement in the future, or to enforce the rules and regulations for examinations;
- verify the authenticity of certificates and give requestors information about them;
- evaluate examinations and develop new examinations (read more > link to “Statistical Analysis”).
- to allow you to take a Professional Assessment; read more >
If you take part in a Professional Assessment, we will use your data to:
- map your competencies and test your competency levels;
- save the results of the Professional Assessment to our assessment database and manage that database;
- publish the results of the Professional Assessment in a report, share that report with you and your employer or an intermediary organization after you have given us permission to do so;
- evaluate assessments and develop new ones (read more > link to “Statistical Analysis”).
- to allow you to take an Online E-Competence Assessment, on the instructions of an Assessment Organization; read more >
Online E-Competence Assessment
With your user data, you can log on safely to our online assessment platform. If you participate in an Online E-Competence Assessment, we will use your data, primarily in assignment of your Assessment Organization:
- to map your competencies and test your competency levels;
- to save the results of the Online E-Competence Assessment to our assessment database and manage that database;
- to process the results of the assessment in a report and share it with you and/or your Assessment Organization.
Next to that, we will enable Assessment Organizations to use analytical tools to analyse your data. Your Assessment Organization is responsible for using these data in compliance with statutory provisions and agreements made with you, if any.
- for our own administration;
- to provide personal accreditation services; read more >
If you are personally accredited with EXIN as a trainer, supervisor or order person or seek for such accreditation, we will use your data to register and assess the accreditation.
- to provide information and reply to your questions;
- to perform statistical analyses and publish aggregated reports based on these; read more >
- EXIN performs statistical research on general trends in the use of our services and the results of assessmnets and examinations. For this purpose, we use aggregated information only, decoupled from your name, e-mail address and phone number. For these research activities, we have created a separate database in which we combine and subject to research the following data of our candidates, in so far as you have provided them earlier in the process: function, organization type, year of birth, city or region you work in and data we collect and process when you take part in an examination or assessment, including the results.
- The research results are reported at an aggregated level and accessible to those persons within EXIN who are authorized to take cognizance of them or may be provided to third parties for scientific research. We use the reports for the evaluation and improvement of our services. We also share the results of our analyses with third parties like Assessment Organizations that (wish to make) use of our services. In that context, we communicate only general conclusions that cannot be traced back to individuals or specific Assessment Organizations. Next to that, we enable Assessment Organizations to use analytical tools for comparing data of their candidates with aggregated data of other candidates (read more > link to Online E-Competence Assessment, as part of the section ‘For which purposes will your data be processed?’).
- to send you our newsletter or for personalized offers on Professional Assessments, examinations or other EXIN services; read more >
Results of statistical analyses will not be used for marketing activities targeted especially at you, unless with your prior consent. Also, we will only use the results of your Professional Assessments and examinations for sending you special offers or promotions by e-mail that match your competences, level of education and working experience, if you have given us permission to do so. You can unsubscribe from these messages at any time, in which case EXIN will immediately stop sending them. However, we will in such case continue to use your data at an aggregated level for statistical analyses. Read more about this topic under “Statistical Analysis”).
- to comply with statutory rules and regulations.
In which way does EXIN obtain data?
EXIN obtains your personal data in several ways.
We obtain personal information about you when you apply for one of our services. read more > If the application is performed by your employer or through one of our partners, e.g. an accredited examination centre, Prometric or Pearson VUE, or by your Assessment Organization, we will receive your data through that party. Next to that, we will receive personal information about you in the provision of our services, which is when you take an examination or participate in a Professional Assessment or an Online E-Competence Assessment: when you take an examination or fill out an assessment form, you will give us information about your education, diplomas, working experience or share professional documents with us.
EXIN also receives personal data though your EXIN examiners, assessors and experts who assess your competencies and through the references we check after you have given us permission to do so.
Next to that, we obtain information about you by linking the results of statistical analysis to your results, again only with your explicit consent. Data collected by EXIN through its websites can be matched with data you have shared with EXIN at another time, for example when the supervisor fills in the attendance list for an examination.
Who has access to your data?
In view of the purposes mentioned above, or in the context of its service provision:
- EXIN Holding B.V. may share, pass on or in any other way make accessible your personal data to EXIN group companies and to other service providers;
- EXIN Holding B.V. receives your personal data from EXIN group companies and their external service providers and processes these within its systems.
We have an authorization policy for our systems, so that persons and organizations only have access to your data in so far as this is necessary for the performance of their tasks and within the framework of the purposes mentioned. All these individuals and organizations have agreed to treat your data confidentially and with the greatest care.
Next to that, the extent to which we share your data and with whom, depend on the service you require. more information >
If you subscribe to an examination through an EXIN partner, such as an accredited examination centre, Prometric or Pearson VUE, your examination results can be reviewed by that party. Next to that, every individual who has your name and certificate number may use our website to verify the authenticity of your certificate.
External assessors and experts who have been contracted by EXIN to validate documents and perform assessments will have access to your data in the context of their tasks. If you participate in a Professional Assessment through your employer or any other intermediary organization, we will first share the results of your Professional Assessment with you. We will only share the results with your employer or an intermediary organization after you have given us permission to do so.
If you register as a trainer or supervisor through a partner accredited by EXIN, your data will be accessible to that partner. If you have been accredited as a trainer for specific programmes that we offer in collaboration with a third party, we will share your data with that third party.
Online E-Competence Assessment
In case of an Online E-Competence Assessment, the Assessment Organization requesting the assessment will have full access to the results. If several organizations are involved in the E-Competence Assessment (e.g. your employer and an intermediary organization), these organizations will possibly exchange information about you, depending on the agreements you made with them.
Parties that have access to your data may be established in countries that have a milder privacy regime than the Netherlands. If such is the case, EXIN will ensure that appropriate measures are taken and that all statutory rules and regulations are observed.
EXIN will ensure that your personal data are secured in an adequate manner, so that they are protected against unlawful use, unauthorised access, alteration or unlawful destruction. EXIN has an Information Security Management System based on ISO/IEC 27001.
EXIN retains your personal data as long as necessary in view of the purposes set out above, or as long as prescribed by law. Specific rules apply to several of our services. more information >
Candidate Portal You can have your account deleted at any time by sending a request to that end to EXIN’s Quality Management department. Following that request, we will delete all data saved to your account, unless and in so far as the law prescribes that these personal data must be retained, or if there are other reasons that oppose deletion (for example because data must be kept in our administration or due to obligations related to the registration and retention of examination results). Once deleted, an account cannot be re-activated. We therefore advice you to export data that you may want to use at a later time before you have your account deleted.
Online E-Competence Assessments
If you take part in an Online E-Competence Assessment through your Assessment Organization, EXIN will delete your data once the agreement between EXIN and your Assessment Organization terminates.
Links to other websites
On our website, you can find several links to websites of third parties. If you follow these links, you will leave the EXIN website. Although all links have been selected with care, EXIN cannot be held responsible for the use of data by these organizations. To learn more, read the privacy statement of the websites you visit, if available.
Inspection, correction and deletion
If you wish to inspect, correct or delete personal data that EXIN is responsible for, you can submit a specific request to that end, stating your name and address. Read more under “Who are we?”. EXIN will reply to a request to inspect or correct data within four weeks. In case of a request to delete data, EXIN will delete relevant personal data as soon as possible, unless and in so far as the law states that these personal data must be retained and/or if there are other reasons that oppose deletion. You can send your request to:
EXIN Holding B.V.
attn Privacy Officer
Arthur van Schendelstraat 650
3511 MJ UTRECHT