EXIN BCS Foundation Certificate in Commercial Awareness
This certificate is concerned with the commercial and organizational knowledge required for business analysis work. The syllabus is structured around the two key areas of Business Finance and Organizational Behavior, and uses definitions, techniques and principles from the books specified in the recommended reading list.
Anyone who wants to understand of the structure, operation and behavior of organizations. It’s particularly relevant to those in a business change role such as business analysts, program or project managers, solution architects and service managers.
This Foundation in Commercial Awareness certificate can be studied alongside other BA Foundation certificates, prior to progressing to Practitioner level.
e-Competence Framework (e-CF)
The mapping of this certificate against the e-Competence Framework.
|PLAN||A.1.||IS and Business Strategy Alignment|
|A.3.||Business Plan Development|
|D.5.||Sales Proposal Development|
|MANAGE||E.1.|| Forecast Development
Legend for coverage:
|General - The competence is covered at the level indicated|
|Partial - The competence is covered to some extent|
|Superficial - Relevant knowledge is covered to some extent|
|The competence level is available in the framework|
|The competence level is not available in the framework|
The mapping of this certificate against the Skills Framework for the Information Age.
|Level||Levels of Knowledge||Levels of Skill and Responsibility (SFIA)|
|7||Set strategy, inspire and mobilize|
|6||Evaluate||Initiate and influence|
|5||Synthesize||Ensure and advice|
Holders of the BCS BSD Certificate in Commercial Awareness should be able to:
- Understand three techniques used to evaluate a financial case.
- Understand costing and pricing.
- Understand cash flow forecasting and budgeting.
- Describe the contents of financial accounting documents.
- Interpret financial accounts.
- Explain specified business performance ratios.
- Define the elements and usage of Porter’s Five Forces Framework and Value Chain.
- Define the elements and usage of the Boston Consulting Group’s matrix.
- Define the performance measures and usage of the Balanced Business Scorecard.
- Define the elements of specified cultural analysis approaches.
- Explain the different management structures and their characteristics.
- Define the different architectures that may be adopted by organizations.
|Exam duratation||60 Minutes|
|Number of questions:
|Electronic equipment permitted:||yes