EXIN DevOps Master
SummaryThe word DevOps is a contraction of ‘Development’ and ‘Operations’. DevOps is a set of best practices that emphasize the collaboration and communication of IT-professionals (developers, operators, and support staff) in the lifecycle of applications and services, leading to:
- Continuous Integration: easy hand-off from Development to Operations and Support
- Continuous Deployment: release continuously or as often as possible
- Continuous Feedback: seek feedback from stakeholders during all lifecycle stages
DevOps changes how individuals think about their work; DevOps values the diversity of work done, supports intentional processes that accelerate the rate by which businesses realize value, and measures the effect of social and technical change. DevOps is a way of thinking and a way of working that enables individuals and organizations to develop and maintain sustainable work practices.
Successful DevOps is:
- Having a blame-free culture of sharing stories and developing empathy, enabling people and teams to practice their crafts in effective and lasting ways
- Providing applications and services for the business Just-in-Time (JiT)
- Ensuring continuity of IT services by a risk based approach of business needs
- Managing the complete lifecycle of applications and services, including end-of-life conditions
This certification focuses on adding practical skills to knowledge, enabling a DevOps Master to facilitate DevOps successfully in a team and to promote its principles in the organization.
DevOps is best known in the field of software development, but the principles are applicable in IT Service projects and other projects as well. The DevOps Master training and certification is aimed at all professionals who want to update their knowledge with the latest development in ICT management.
The EXIN DevOps Master certification is meant for anyone working within a DevOps team or in an organization that considers the transition to a DevOps way of working. The target group includes: Application or Service Developers and Product Owners, Agile Scrum Masters, Project Managers, Test Engineers, Test Managers, IT Service Managers, Process Managers and Lean IT Practitioners.
Context of the EXIN DevOps Master certificate
This exam is part of the EXIN qualification program and has been developed in cooperation with international experts in the field.
The candidate needs to be familiar with the basic concepts in DevOps, including basic terminology of IT Service Management, Lean, and Agile Scrum.
- EXIN Agile Scrum Foundation knowledge gives you an advantage in understanding the agility in the DevOps way of working.
- TPI Next® or TPI Suite® certification will give you the advantage of understanding the context in which testing is automated, improved and integrated in every lifecycle step.
- EXIN Application Management Foundation gives you the advantage of understanding the context in which applications will be running and supported.
- EXIN IT Service Management Foundation knowledge gives you the advantage of understanding the context in which the applications or services will be running and supported.
- LITA Lean IT Foundation gives you the advantage of understanding the importance of first-time-right and other Lean concepts.
e-Competence Framework (e-CF)The mapping of this certificate against the e-Competence Framework.
|IS and Business Strategy Alignment|
|A.2.||Service Level Management|
|A.7.||Technology Trend Monitoring|
Legend for coverage:
|General - The competence is covered at the level indicated|
|Partial - The competence is covered to some extent|
|Superficial - Relevant knowledge is covered to some extent|
|The competence level is not available in the framework
The training EXIN DevOps Master delivered by an EXIN accredited training provider is mandatory.
Having acquired basic knowledge of DevOps, for example by reading the additional literature (The Phoenix Project) or taking an introductory course, is strongly recommended.
Exam Duration: 120 minutes
Number of questions: 50
Pass mark: 65% (33 out of 50)
Open book/notes: no
Electronic equipment permitted: no