EXIN ITSM Expert Side Entry
The Side Entry route leads ITIL® Experts to the Expert in IT Service Management based on ISO/IEC 20000. With a minimum of self-study and some practical assignments the candidates gets access to the exam EXIN Expert in IT Service Management based on ISO/IEC 20000.
The Side Entry is intended for ITIL® Experts who want a short route to a certification that relates their knowledge and activities to the requirements of the international ISO standard for service management. While acknowledging their current knowledge and experience in the service processes, this certification confirms their skills in applying the specific principles of the ISO standard, turning a set of ITSM processes into a coherent management system.
The Expert certificate IT Service Management based on ISO/IEC 20000 is part of the EXIN ITSM qualification program and a prerequisite of the Master in the qualification program.
e-Competence Framework (e-CF)
The mapping of this certificate against the e-Competence Framework.
|PLAN||A.2.||Service Level Management|
|ENABLE||D.2.||ICT Quality Strategy Development|
|E.6.||ICT Quality Management|
|E.7.||Business Change Management|
Legend for coverage:
|General - The competence is covered at the level indicated|
|Partial - The competence is covered to some extent|
|Superficial - Relevant knowledge is covered to some extent|
|The competence level is available in the framework|
|The competence level is not available in the framework|
- The ITIL® Expert certificate
Because the ITIL® Expert certificate covers the necessary theoretical knowledge of IT service management, the training Expert in IT Service Management based on ISO/IEC 20000 is not mandatory.
- Successful completion of the Practical Assignments assessed by an EXIN accredited training provider (evidence must be uploaded to candidate portal)
- Successful completion of the exam Expert in IT Service Management based on ISO/IEC 20000
1. Planning the service management system
2. Implementing and managing the service management system
3. Measuring, monitoring and reporting on the service management system
4. Improving the service management system
- Number of multiple-choice questions: 20 - Pass mark: 65% (13 out of 20)
- Number of case study based essay questions: 3 - Pass mark: 50% (25 out of 50)
- Open book: no
- Electronic devices permitted: no
- Time allotted for examination: 120 minutes
Note: The essay part will only be assessed when the multiple choice part is passed. Both parts must be passed in order to receive a certificate. It is not possible to retake only one part.