Designs, implements, or monitors and maintains databases.
Ensures the design and the implementation (Developer, or ensures the
maintenance and repair of an organization's database (Administrator) to
support information system solutions that meet business information
Verifies the development and design of database strategies, monitoring and improving database performance and capacity, and planning for future expansion requirements. Plans, co-ordinates and implements security measures to safeguard the database.
Solution in Operation
- Define/ build/optimize database models and schemas
- Apply standards methods and tools for measuring and reporting on wide set of relevant performance indicators (response time, availability, safety, integrity)
- Produce database procedures and instructions for other analysts or administrators
- Monitor and maintain databases
- identify, investigate and correct problems or incidents related to databases
- Provide training, support, advice and guidance on database issues to other information system practitioners
Database in operation