EXIN Secure Programming Foundation
In-built security of applications is worth the investment. Key in the secure software building process is education. If programmers do not understand the security of the software they are building, any additional investment in the process is useless.
What are the benefits of EXIN Secure Programming Foundation?
- Awareness of language-neutral secure programming practices
- Understanding security threats and necessary counter measures
- Knowing how to use the tools to build security in
This certificate is meant for programmers or software developers, who have an interest in developing secure (web-)applications.
A training Secure Programming Foundation and knowledge of software development is highly recommended.
The exam Secure Programming Foundation is part of the Secure Programming qualification. The content is related to the Framework Secure Software, which can be downloaded from www.securesoftwarefoundation.org.
e-Competence Framework (e-CF)
|ENABLE||D.2.||ICT Quality Strategy Development|
|MANAGE||E.6.||ICT Quality Management|
|E.8.||Information Security Management
Legend for coverage
- You gain knowledge of and insight in the concept of Secure Programming.
- You learn how to identify security threats and solutions that are related to authentication and session management.
- You learn how to handle user input on web-forms in a secure way.
- You gain knowledge of managing authorization for parts of your software.
- You learn about configuration, error handling and logging, and their implications for security.
- You gain insight in the workings and use of cryptography.
- You learn the basics of secure software engineering.
- Number of multiple-choice questions: 40
- Pass mark: 65% (26 out of 40)
- Open book: no
- Electronic equipment allowed: no