Lean IT Foundation
Lean IT Foundation helps IT organizations to ensure that they provide their customers with the best possible services. Through understanding customer value, the processes that deliver this value, the way to manage performance, the way to organize and the required attitude and behavior, IT organizations are helped to develop a continuous improvement mind-set. Lean IT is complementary to all other best practice methods (such as ITIL®, PRINCE2® and P3O®).
Organizational benefits are:
- Reduce costs via process efficiency
- Maximizing customer value
Benefits for employees are:
- Lean IT is complementary to other frameworks and methods such as ITIL® and Agile Scrum
- Broaden skills on process efficiency with a strong emphasis on behavior
- Employee satisfaction increases (involvement)
This exam is developed by the Lean IT Association (LITA). LITA is a non-profit organization founded by three Accredited Training Organizations (ATOs) - ITpreneurs, Pink Elephant, Quint Wellington Redwood and three Examination Institutes (EIs) - APMG, EXIN, PEOPLECERT International Ltd.
You can find more information and the literature on the LITA website.
Any manager or specialist working in an IT organization can benefit from the insights provided by the qualification. Candidates must have followed a Lean IT Foundation training with an accredited training organization (ATO). In addition, it is strongly recommended that candidates:
- Have gained two or three years of IT-professional experience in the fields of support and maintenance and/or software development. Candidates could also be project managers or line managers in an IT organization.
Lean IT ties in well with other EXIN examination programs, such as ITIL®, EXIN Agile Scrum and EXIN IT Service Management based on ISO/IEC 20000. Lean IT optimizes your IT Service Management processes.
e-Competence Framework (e-CF)
The mapping of this certificate against the e-Competence Framework.
|PLAN||A.4.||Product / Service Planning|
|MANAGE||E.2.||Project and Portfolio Management|
|E.6.||ICT Quality Management|
|E.7.||Business Change Management|
The Lean IT Foundation training with an accredited training organization (ATO).
Upon completion of the training and examination related to this qualification, a successful candidate will be familiar with the principles of the Lean philosophy and in particular with the application of this philosophy within an IT-environment. Specifically the candidate should understand:
- The principles underlying the Lean philosophy
- The importance of understanding and delivering customer value
- The way Lean looks at processes and the waste within them
- How to measure performance and the key determinants of performance
- What the organizational requirements are when implementing Lean, including the use of visual management tools
- Which behavior and attitude is necessary for Lean to be successful within an IT organization
- The DMAIC problem-solving model
- How these Lean principles can be applied within an IT organization
Please refer to the syllabus for a complete overview of the exam content.
Number of questions: 40
Pass mark: 65% (26 out of 40)
Open book/notes: no
Electronic equipment permitted: no
This exam is available in these languages:
Take this exam right now!
Tell me more