ITIL ® Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management
ITIL Foundation is the most important certificate for IT professionals and employees wishing to know more about IT Service Management. Organizations that work according to ITIL use the complete ITIL exam program for training personnel based on their roles. Their ITILskills enable them to perform and cooperate better.
ITIL Foundation is part of the Certified Integrator program and is one of the prerequisites to attain the titles:
Target groupYou are an IT professional, business manager or business process owner in an organization that operates according to ITIL. After gaining the certificate, you will understand how the ITIL exam program contributes to raising the quality of IT Service Management. Your role and qualities are important for better (team) performance.
ITIL Foundation enables you to lay the basis for a complete program of ITIL exams and obtaining various certificates in IT Service Management. This will show that you take your work according to ITIL seriously. It will improve your qualifications for working with other ITIL-certified personnel.
e-Competence Framework (e-CF)
The mapping of this certificate against the e-Competence Framework.
|PLAN||A.2.||Service Level Management||
Legend for coverage:
||General - The competence is covered at the level indicated|
||Partial - The competence is covered to some extent|
||Superficial - Relevant knowledge is covered to some extent|
||The competence level is available in the framework|
||The competence level is not available in the framework|
Candidates are tested on:
1. Service management as a practice (comprehension)
2. The ITIL service lifecycle (comprehension)
3. Generic concepts and definitions (awareness)
4. Key principles and models (comprehension)
5. Selected processes (awareness)
6. Selected functions (awareness)
7. Selected roles (awareness)
8. Technology and architecture (awareness)
9. Competence and training (awareness)
For an elaborate list of exam specifications, literature and more information, see the Syllabus, downloadable in the right section of this website.
Click here to download the glossary in the download section in the right column.
- Number of questions: 40
- Pass mark: 65% (26 out of 40)
- Open book: no
- Electronic devices permitted: no
This exam is available in these languages:
Take this exam right now!
Tell me more
- What is the difference between ITIL® and ISO/IEC 20000?
- How do I book the ITIL® Foundation exam (syllabus 2011) with Prometric and Pearson VUE?
- What are the additional fees for requesting an exemption?
- Why have I not received my pin?
- Why is my EXIN certificate not showing in my Candidate Portal (MyLogin)?