Companies and organizations often have difficulty organizing projects efficiently, resulting in increased costs, delays and failures. The time constraints, risks and complexity of many projects puts pressure on project managers and team members. PRINCE2® (Projects in Controlled Environments), the default standard for project management, is the solution to take projects to a higher level.
Better prospects for professional and organization
A PRINCE2 certificate from EXIN proves the professional has the required skills, knowledge and competence to successfully manage projects. That’s why more and more companies around the world demand project managers who have a PRINCE2 certificate. An EXIN certificate for PRINCE2 takes the skills of professionals to a higher level, thereby strengthening the organization he or she works for.
Why is there an update of PRINCE2?
- The last update was in 2009. The business world has moved on since then
- Axelos, the owner of PRINCE2, has received feedback from the community, requesting an update
- The update is needed in order to support the professionalism of project managers
- Nowadays, project management is adopted throughout organizations, not limited to project managers only. This update will service this new audience
What is the update?
1. There is a new PRINCE2 Manual:
- Emphasis on tailoring the method to the needs of the organization.
- Principles that underpin PRINCE2 are brought in more strongly
- Emphasis on clarifying the link between Themes and Principles
- Emphasis on practical application.
2. The Foundation exam and Practitioner exam have been updated. More information can be found on their exam pages. (Click below)
How can Practitioners stay current?
- The certificate expiry dates remain as they are
- The updated exams will have an expiry period of three years
- When the certificate expires, the professional can either take a resit of obtain 45 continuous professional development points.
Exams by level
- Practitioner Re-Registration